Connect with us

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo to Chelsea transfer being discussed – David Ornstein

Cristiano Ronaldo to Chelsea transfer being discussed – David Ornstein

Premier League fans might soon witness a Ronaldo to Chelsea transfer. Last night, Tier 1 journalist David Ornstein revealed that Chelsea and Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, held talks about the Portuguese player leaving Manchester United.

On Saturday night, Ornstein tweeted, “EXCL: Todd Boehly met Jorge Mendes in Portugal last week.

“Idea of Cristiano Ronaldo to Chelsea among subjects discussed.

“Unclear if #CFC will pursue. Man Utd expect him to stay. 37yo loves #MUFC but has concerns.”

The Blues, who are about to lose the services of centre forward Romelu Lukaku since he has REPORTEDLY agreed to return to Inter Milan, could find it difficult to say no to such a tempting offer.

Not only would Chelsea be securing the services of one of the best players in the history of the game, but they would also be gaining an advantage over one of its main rivals. Some would even say that this move would mean Chelsea kicking United when they are down.

If it hadn’t come from what is widely regarded as Britain’s most reputable football journalist, the story would appear to be completely unbelievable.

Should Ronaldo leave Manchester United this summer, it will mark the eighth time the club has lost a player with no replacements having been brought in.

It would also leave Manchester United without any recognised centre forwards in the squad, aside from the converted wingers Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial, who both had terrible reasons their last campaign.

The club has maintained Mason Greenwood’s suspension as Greater Manchester Police continue to investigate potential criminal charges against him.

Edinson Cavani will be leaving the club on Thursday as his contract expires.

Meanwhile, there were rumours going around that Ronaldo was unhappy with the way things were going at United, in particular, the passivity that the Red Devils had been showing in the transfer market. Ornstein has now confirmed this (in The Athletic).

He said, “Although his affection for the club is undoubted, the former Real Madrid and Juventus forward is thought to harbour concerns about United’s lack of transfer activity so far this summer.”

Bayern Munich made a move yesterday to deny speculations that they were also in talks regarding a potential transfer for the Portuguese player, although Ornstein also acknowledged that they had been contacted.

“It is unclear at this stage whether Chelsea will want to pursue the opportunity — which is also believed to have been spoken about with serial German champions Bayern Munich — and as things stand, United intend to keep him at Old Trafford,” he said.

The current situation of Manchester United is very unsettling for supporters of the club.

For adverts, sponsored articles and promotions, send a WhatsApp message to +234 908 608 0999, or send mail to: sales@orientaltimes.ng
Oriental Times